CSTUY Hacking Sessions Application
What, when, and where:
You can find a full description of CSTUY Hacking Sessions here
Who are we looking for?
Bright motivated aspiring students
with an interested in programming, computer science, and technology.
To apply, you must be a high school Junior or Senior with some
programming experience, but we aren't looking for anything in
particular. We are looking to create an interested community of young
If you're interested in spending your Saturdays exploring and building neat things with technology, this is the program for you.
What does it cost?
Currently CSTUY Hacking Sessions is fully paid for by independant fundraising. That means it costs you nothing.
What do I need?
You need to bring your own laptop (we're working on getting a few loaner laptops so even if you don't have one, please apply).
How do I apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
as described below.
*** We've extended our application deadling until Sept. 29 ***
Applications are due by Sunday, September 29, Midnight
Make sure the email includes:
- Your full name.
- Your gender(male/female).
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
- Your parent or guardians name, email, and phone number.
- The school and grade you're in.
- The name and email of a teacher at your school that is willing to write a recommendation for you
- Would you need a loaner laptop (we are not sure at this time if we will be able to provide)?
Additionaly, please answer these questions in the email:
- What are you hoping to get out of CSTUY Hacker Sessions?
- Other than technology related activities, what are your interests?
- Describe the code sample you've attached. Why did you write it? How do we run it?
Finally, please attach the following to the email:
- A code sample. This can be anything you've written. For a class or just a personal project. It should be representative of your coding experience. It can be in any language
- A copy of your last report card. This can be just a scan of what you received last semester. We aren't looking for particular grades or classes, just trying to get an idea of who you are form multiple points of view
If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com